SAN FRANCISCO, July 26, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The global digital textile printing market size is projected to reach USD 6.65 billion by 2030, according to the new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to witness a CAGR of 12.1% from 2022 to 2030. Digital printing refers to the process of printing a digital image on a variety of substrates materials. Digital textile printing is used to print on a variety of textile materials such as cotton, polyester, silk, nylon, and other synthetic fabrics.
Key Industry Insights & Findings from the report:
- Digital textile printing is gaining traction owing to the ability of the technology to offer accurate and fast printing thereby reducing the turnaround time.
- The sublimation segment dominated the market in 2021 and is expected to expand its market share to more than 53% by 2030. Sublimation is expected to be the fastest-growing ink type during the forecast period.
- The clothing/apparel segment contributed to more than half of the market share in 2021 and is expected to continue dominating the market during the forecast period.
- Cotton was the most widely used material type with a market share of more than 52% in the year 2021. While polyester is expected to be the fastest growing material during the forecast period with a CAGR of 12.9%
- The Asia Pacific regional market is expected to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period of 2022 to 2030. China and India are the market leaders in the region.
- The prominent players in the industry include Seiko Epson, Mimaki Engineering, Kornit Digital, D.Gen, Roland DG Corporation, Dover Corporation, Konica Minolta, Brother Industries and Colorjet.
Read 150-page full market research report, “Digital Textile Printing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Printing Process (Direct To Fabric, Direct To Garment), By Operation, By Textile Material, By Ink Type, By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2030“, published by Grand View Research.
Digital Textile Printing Market Growth & Trends
Any design or pattern designed digitally can be printed on clothes, fabric rolls, and other textile items such as accessories, bedsheets, curtains, carpets, etc. The designs are generated with the aid of software. Printing techniques in digital textile printing are direct-to-garment (DTG) printing and roll-to-roll/direct-to-fabric printing. Pre-treating the fabric is essential in digital printing as it ensures that the fabric retains the ink effectively and allows the use of a broad set of colors on the textile.
Digital textile printing is set out to be the “next generation” of printing. Many textile business owners are investing in digital printing technology as fabric printing transitions to the modern form of printing. To suit the demands of the new generation, the textile sector around the globe is embracing digital printing technology for printing novel designs on garments and fabrics. Different types of inks are utilized for digital textile printing. Acid, reactive, dispersion, pigment, sublimation, and reactive are the most commonly used dyes for digital printing. These inks are available in vivid colors and can be utilized for commercial printing purposes.
Choice of ink differs with each fabric; for example, reactive inks are mostly used on cotton, linen, and rayon, dispersion inks for polyester, and acid inks for silk and nylon. As compared to traditional printing, digital textile printing has several benefits. The advantages of digital printing include the ability to print multiple colors on a garment at once, the ability to print on multiple garments at once, ability to print a varied range of color shades, among others. It also enables accurate, faster, and small volume printing at an economical cost. Also, the digital printing process is more efficient and economical. Designers, and textile businesses, are therefore increasingly adopting digital textile printing technology.
The textile sector is one of the significant sources of pollution. Digital textile printing is a greener alternative to the other technologies, which are more polluting. Digital printing of textiles is a better alternative as it does not require fabric washing, and hence less water and power are utilized in the process of printing. The digital textile printing technology does have some limitations, such as metallic hues cannot be printed with digital technology. Europe held the largest market share of more than 37% in the global market, owing to the growing demand for digital textile printing in the fashion hubs of Europe, such as Italy, and France. Italy holds a significant share in the European market.
The presence of numerous fashion enterprises in Rome, Milan, Venice, and Palermo increases the demand for specialized digital textile printing. Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region with a CAGR of 15.1% during the forecast period. This is owing to the presence of a large number of textile hubs across the region. China and India are the two major contributors to the Asia Pacific market. Countries like Bangladesh, and Vietnam are also emerging as hubs of the textile market.
Digital Textile Printing Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global digital textile printing market based on printing process, operation, textile material, ink type, application, and region:
Digital Textile Printing Market – Process Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Direct to Fabric
- Direct to Garment
Digital Textile Printing Market – Operation Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Digital Textile Printing Market – Textile Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Digital Textile Printing Market – Ink Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
Digital Textile Printing Market – Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Home Décor
- Soft Signage
Digital Textile Printing Market – Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of the Digital Textile Printing Market
- Seiko Epson
- Mimaki Engineering
- Kornit Digital
- RolandDG Corporation
- Dover Corporation
- Konica Minolta
- Brother Industries
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Smart Textile Market – The global smart textile market size is expected to reach USD 5.55 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 30.4% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Global demand for smart textile is mainly driven by increasing penetration of smartphones and other high-tech or smart devices, such as iPods. Majority of new smartphones and laptops are equipped with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology. This enables the connection of sensor-based devices to the internet through mobile phones. Smart textiles can be used to communicate information of the wearer, such as physiological parameters including location, heart rate, blood pressure, and temperature.
- Desktop 3D Printing Market – The global desktop 3D printing market size is expected to reach USD 12.39 billion by 2030, witnessing a CAGR of 21.0% during the forecast period, according to the new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Desktop 3D printing involves designing and producing a 3D object with the help of computer-aided design software or a digital 3D model. The market for desktop 3D printers has witnessed significant growth owing to the demand for prototyping and designing across several verticals, including dental, healthcare, fashion, jewelry, objects, and gifts. The technology offers a cost-effective solution to small and medium-sized enterprises, hence, allowing them to customize their offerings with minimum manufacturing expenses compared to traditional manufacturing methods.
- Smart Manufacturing Market – The global smart manufacturing market size is predicted to hit USD 787.85 billion by 2030. The market is also anticipated to register a CAGR of 13.4% from 2022 to 2030, based on a recent report by Grand View Research, Inc. This market is popularly known as industry 4.0 as the advancement and integration of manufacturing with technology and automation processes in manufacturing is driven by the Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning, and real-time data. It is focused on combining innovation and efficiency as production processes grow faster. The industry is intended to adopt smart production methods across various domains. The need to increase productivity and improve the visibility of the entire system are two major factors driving the market growth.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Next Generation Technologies Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Grand View Compass | Astra ESG Solutions
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.